Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Wavves - Wavves

Wavves
Wavves
(9.2008 Woodsist/ eff it tapes)
Verdict: Heck yeah!

I'm quite fond of fuzzed out guitars, punk rock, garage band effects, spacey drones, ear bleeding cymbal crashes, guitar solos that require no skill, slacker vocals, hooks galore and teenage super parties. And guess what!!!!? Wavves new self titled album consists entirely of the above mentioned list of amazingness. Now I know about a million other bands have been doing the same thing this year as they ride the lo-fi wave (pun intended) to fame and glory, but Wavves puts most of them to shame. Seriously, this ain't no half hearted amp destroying affair. These songs are fun city and there's enough variety packed into this 29 minute album that it's far from falling flat. The only thing that would make it better was if I had a jeep to go moto surfing in while I blasted this on the way to school.

-Wooly Mammal

Wavves Myspace

2 comments:

Justin Snow said...

I'm really digging this tape. I agree a lot of other bands are doing this same sort of thing right now but Wavves seems to be doing it just right.

Anonymous said...

Justin you have no idea how happy you just made me. I always get so sad that you only comment on Mr. Thistle's reviews. But now that you have commented on my humble review, my life is complete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!