Friday, January 1, 2010

38.

John Wiese
Soft Punk
(Troubleman Unlimited, 2007)

My ultimate conversion to Soft Punk forced me to realize that I was indeed insane, bi-polar and possibly schizophrenic. I mean, is there any other explanation for being able to enjoy Wiese’s towering, manic noise collage? I guess that means there are a whole bunch of us roaming the earth because I know I’m not the only one. Regardless of its abrasiveness, Soft Punk is really just that, punk. All of its sentiments embody a true punk aesthetic while being both more artsy and more filthy. It is a weird place to inhabit, but Wiese pulls it off magically and Soft Punk has become the aural exercise of the decade because of it.

-Thistle

1 comment:

sass said...

I think it proved that you AREN'T bipolar or any other brand of psycho, otherwise this album would have caused you to have a manic episode and kill a random stranger.