Sunday, January 3, 2010

67.

Belong
October Language
(Carpark, 2006)

The opening track to October Language remains to this day one of the most gorgeous and elegiac moments of musical history for me. I could listen to the track ten times in a row without losing sliver of the climactic impact Belong has packed into its 4 minute and 43 second running time. And from there things only get sweeter. Belong has released a few EP length odds and ends since October Language (all of which are amazing), but the promise the duo has left with their debut album still has me on the edge of my seat, waiting for a true follow up. Belong has taken the My Bloody Valentine formula on October Language and perfected it, piling pristine layer of sound upon pristine layer sound. I guess I can sympathize with the delay, with an album this crystal perfect, it’s going to be near impossible to top.

-Thistle

No comments: