Monday, January 4, 2010

83.

Joseph Arthur
Come To Where I Come From
(Virgin, 2000)

Among all the albums on this list, Come To Where I Come From’s stock has dropped more drastically than any other. The reason being is: for a good portion of the first half of the decade this sophomore effort from Joseph Arthur was my favourite album, bar none. There was no other place to go but down i guess. I don’t know what it is about the music that has caused it to age so comparatively poorly in these last few years, but that doesn’t take away from the fact that I feel that Arthur has produced some amazing songs, even if the lyrics feel a little overboard now that I’m no longer in high school. The stuff is just so emo. Considering the path of Elliott Smith, it’s a wonder that Arthur is still with us today (though he's become decidedly less exciting). Still, when times require morose self indulgence, Come To Where I Come From is the next best thing to #9 on this list, for sure…

-Thistle

No comments: