Monday, January 4, 2010

93.

The Goslings
Grandeur of Hair
(Archive Recordings, 2006)

Listening to The Goslings’ Grandeur of Hair is like eating chocolate laced with poison. It’s a pretty bad comparison, but it is the best I can come up with right now. It’s the idea of consuming something so sweet, yet utterly destructive (and no, in the context of this album, the calories just don’t cut it for "danger"). Grandeur of Hair is sludgey pop-metal that is so good that I simply cannot keep from listening to it, but so loud that I am pretty much guaranteed to be deaf by the age of fifty. In fact, I was listening to it at work one time and one of my co-workers from all the way across the office came over to tell me that they could hear it from their desk. Slow as molasses and sugary as syrup, Grandeur of Hair is a grinning ear collapse waiting to happen.

-Thistle

1 comment:

Alex said...

In my all time top-ten.