Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Each Other - Taking Trips






















 (Self Released/Prison Art, 2011/2012)

It seems appropriate somehow that the day I posted this about the band Long Long Long is the day I discovered Long Long Long broke up.  That's my life, it feels like.  Fortunately, that same day is the day that I discovered Each Other which in a lot of ways is just Long Long Long 2.  I hope Each Other is okay with me describing them that way.  They obviously are sharing some band members (I'm not one to worry about who, specifically) and a lot of what I said about Long Long Long can be said about Each Other (mostly that they're awesome).  And, if I may, I think the name "Each Other" is a step up name-wise.  Taking Trips is their delicious EP length introduction, initially self-released in October of last year or something like that and now reissued on cassette by Prison Art.  Here in Providenceland things are just starting to warm up and Taking Trips is my jam for sun sparkling goodness.  Every track is good, but if you're listening to "Looking Lapsed," the album opener, and you aren't smitten by the disjointed guitar breakdown that comes in at 1:01, you are legally dead.  Or your ears are in error.  Bury yourself in a river or under six feet of dirt.  There is nothing in this life for you.  Anyway...here's hoping that Each Other weathers the storm of being a band for a lot longer than (ironically) Long Long Long.  They deserve yours and everyone else's ears and hearts and dancing legs: come to Providence please, I love you!

2 comments:

Stephen Walter said...

I'm alive!

Nick said...

Hey Steve, If we're lucky enough to move to Denver next fall, will you be there? (Glad to know you're alive, btw.)